Machineries and Major Equipment:
1.Fitting Shop: Tools required for different fitting and benchworking operations such as bench vice, different types of files, hammers etc
2.Sheet Metal Workshop: Different tools required for sheet metal working such as snip, mallet, scriber etc, and soldering iron.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding Set Up
- Resistance Spot Welding Set Up
- Gas Metal Arc Welding Set Up
- Gas Welding Set Up
4.Pattern Shop: Wood Turning Lathe and different pattern making hand tools such as different types of saws, chisels, iron jack plane, mallet etc.
5.Foundry Shop: Different mould making tools such as moulding flask, riddle, shovel, rammer, different gate cutting tools, vent rod etc, and electrically heated pit furnace.
6.Smithy Shop:Coke Fired Smithy Hearth Furnace fitted with Electrical Blower and different forgingtools such as anvil, chisel, tong, fuller, hammer, press, die, flatter, punch and drift,
swage, swage block, clamping vice etc.
- Centre Lathes
- Milling machines
- Pillar type drilling machine
- Shaping Machines
- Power Saw
- Grinding Machines
List of Experiments:
1.Fitting Shop: Manufacture a gauge from MS plate as per given drawing by performing different Fitting and Bench Work operations
2.Sheet Metal Workshop (Earlier Tin Smithy): Forming a rectangular tray as per given drawing by performing different sheet metal and soldering operations
i)ake Butt Joint of two mild steel metal plates as per given drawing by GMAW(CO2) Welding.
ii)Join two metal sheets as per drawing by Resistance Spot Welding.
iii)Join two thin (3mm) metal sheets as per given drawing by performing Lap joint by Oxy-Acetylene Welding.
4.Pattern Shop: Make a wooden pattern as per given drawing by performing different pattern making operations by using different pattern hand tools and wood turning lathe.
i)Making sand mould with the pattern developed earlier by performing sand mould making operation
ii)Cast a component as per given drawing by using a green sand mould prepared accordingly using a given pattern made according to the size of the component
6.Smithy Shop (Earlier Forging): Manufacture a square chisel as per given drawing by performing different forging operations
- Manufacture a component as per given drawing by performing various machining operations such as Facing, Step Turning, Taper Turning, Grooving, Chamfering, Knurling etc.byCentre Lathe
- Manufacture a component as per given drawing by performing drilling, reaming and tapping operation from a given Mild steel (MS) plate by using Pillar type drilling machine
- Make a key slot on a given MS rod as per given drawing by performing shaping operation on shaping machine
- Manufacturing a straight toothed Spur by Simpleindexing Method on a Milling Machine.