The department of Electrical Engineering came into existence on 8th August, 2005. At present, the department offers B.Tech in Electrical Engineering and M.Tech in Power System. The department is pursuing academic activities with the following goals and objectives:
• To impart quality education in concurrence with the world class upgraded technology
• State-of-the-art laboratories comparable to any eminent engineering colleges
• Continuous upliftment of indigenous and global technological knowledge
• Developing energy efficient management and environment
• Organizing industrial training in various leading industries
• Trying to reduce the gap in respect of quality engineer in between industry and academia along with continuous entrepreneurship development program
The department has a rich tradition of teaching and research and is widely recognized to be a pioneer in Electrical Engineering education in West Bengal. At present, this department consists of twelve faculty members and seven technical assistants. All the existing faculty members possess either post graduate or Ph.D degrees from renowned engineering universities. The faculty of the department is constantly striving towards excellence by pursuing research activities and publishing the same in renowned international journals.
The total number of students in the Electrical Engineering department is 330 as per AICTE norms. The research interests of the faculty members encompass a wide gamut of sub-disciplines of Electrical Engineering. Collaboration with faculty members from other disciplines, both within and outside the institute, is encouraged. The research activity of the department includes fundamental research, sponsored and consultancy projects, and is carried out with active participation of the students and faculty. The laboratory facilities and the infrastructure are regularly upgraded and are well supported by the institute and the industry. The department has a sub library with sufficient number of books which help the faculty as well as the students for their research and daily activities.
The department runs the following AICTE APPROVED Undergraduate Program:-
|Electrical Engineering||4 Years||120|
The department runs the following AICTE APPROVED Postgraduate Program:-
|M. Tech in Electrical Engineering||2 Years||9|